NOTES FROM SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING - THURSDAY 13th APRIL 2006
CLUB SHOP REPORT
* Since the last Supporters Club meeting, the club shop has only taken
£39.40p. Possible reasons for the takings being low could be down to the
lack of home games, postponements, poor attendances etc.
* No supporters have put their name down to go to Ossett Town on Easter
Monday (17th April). Therefore, no mini bus has been booked.
PIE AND PEA SUPPER (JOHN BERESFORD AND ALAN OLIVER TALK-IN)
* Approx 80 people turned up for this event, although we had ticket sales
for 138 which is very disappointing. The Supporters Committee are becoming
very disillusioned by the lack of interest shown for the events that have
* Despite the turnout it was a good, enjoyable night and quite successful.
We managed to raise £1,000 on the night for Football Club funds.
* A special Thank You goes to Graham Forster Promotions and guests John
Beresford and Alan Oliver.
CYSTIC FYBROSIS EVENT
* This event was moderately successful but could have been better if the PR
team employed bythe Charity had done their job.
* The majority of the sporting organisations attached to the club entered
teams for the space hopper races and generally had a good time.
* We are led to believe that a total slightly in excess of £1000.00 was
raised which was very poor when you consider the population of Gateshead and
the amount of people involved.
* The Big Bounce will return next year but will probably be held later in
the year and will be organised by the Charity and the GMBC.
VISIT TO THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL
* This visit has been arranged for Easter Sunday (16th April) at 10.30am.
Our new macot Billy Goatsheed will be attending.
ANNUAL SPORTSMANS DINNER
* Tickets for this event are now on sale at £30 per person. A table of ten
can be booked for £270 - the Supporters Club have one table booked,
provisionally at the moment. There are already about 18 tables reserved.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING FORMS
* These should be available starting from our next home game, which is
against Witton Albion on Monday 24th April.
* There is still very little revenue being made in the Lottery and still
very little interest being shown in it.
Click Here For The March Minutes
Click Here For The February Minutes
Click Here For The January Minutes
Click Here For The December Minutes
Click Here For The November Minutes