Supporters Club Meeting Notes From 9th February (12th Feb)
* To assist GFC finances it has been decided that the income from the
Supporters Club Shop and Golden Goal Tickets will be donated to GFC on
* However until the time that GFC has sufficient funds to provide stock
etc., it was agreed that an agreed percentage of all Match Day Sales
including Programmes be retained - This will help us maintain our
Bank Balance, so we can build up stock levels and generate further
* No new stock has been brought in since the last Supporters Club
PAST EFFORTS - SUPPORTERS CLUB TO FOOTBALL CLUB
* Sara and Louise have generated around £4,000 on the raffle.
*The Supporters Club did the majority of the poster distribution for
Grassroots Fundraiser (GFC).
* Paid for three buses for Gateshead Low Fell's games played in the
* Sponsored two Matches and two Match Balls.
* Kit sponsorship for Peter Keen (Taken in Kind).
* Sell the Club Programmes and Golden Goal Tickets.
* Most importantly, they turn up every week and pay their way.
(Dave Simpson, was absent from the meeting, however, Away
Travel was discussed during a telephone call.)
* Not much to report except that for the game away to Prescot Cables,
there was not one paying supporter who travelled.
* The Supporters Club feel there is a lack of stewards on matchdays and
this could be causing problems - e.g. people who attend other events at
stadium (the same day/time as a matchday) may be coming up the stairs
watch the match without paying.
* Extra stewards are needed for safety purposes also.
* We need Stewards to cover the four entrances of the stand.
* If anyone is interested in becoming a steward, please ask any member
the supporters club.
FUTURE FUND RAISING
* Laurence Dinning had contacted Low Fell to see if they would be
in having a joint fund raising event with our club. However, they had
already arranged a joint fund raiser with the Low Fell Cricket Club,
therefore our offer was politely turned down.
* We are therefore trying to organise a fund raising event of our own.
* The Pelaw Social Club has been booked for Wednesday 12th April 2006
pie and pea supper.
* Tickets to cost £10.00 (Available Soon)
* John Beresford and Alan Oliver (Provisionally) are the guests for a
Talk-In compered by Grahame Foster
* Also Includes Quiz / Raffle and Heads and Tails.
ANNUAL SPORTMANS DINNER/PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
* Our Annual Sportmans Dinner AND the Player Of The Year Awards have
arranged to take place at the Newcastle Gateshead Hilton hotel on the
* Former Liverpool player Neil "Razor" Ruddock and local comedian Dave
Greener are the guest speakers.
* Tickets will cost £30 per person.
* Tables of ten are available.
* Derek Bell fortunately has negotiated a special rate on the price of
* As there has been a lack of interest in the North East, the
Lottery is now to be known as the Gateshead Lottery and is to be
administered by the club themselves.
* Recently appointed commercial manager Douglas Kennedy has decided at
last minute to take up a fulltime position with another employer.
* GFC are therefore on the lookout for a replacement.
CYSTIC FYBROSIS EVENT - 19th MARCH 2006
* The Supporters Club will be putting up a stall for this event -
club merchandise/memorabilia to help raise awareness of the club.
* Efforts are being made to arrange for a Newcastle and a Sunderland
* Mickey Barrass is to do a parachute jump and is looking for people to
sponsor him to do this.
NEW MATCHDAY PROGRAMME - RESERVE TEAM HOME GAMES
* A new matchday programme has been created for Gateshead Low Fell's
* The first went on sale at their home game against Ferryhill Athletic
* They will be available for their home game against Jarrow FC this
Wednesday - priced 50p.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS - VOTING SLIPS
* The Player Of The Year Award voting slips will be first available
home game versus Burscough - Saturday 1st April 2006.
* Catergories of voting include Player Of The Season, Goal Of The
Best Dressed Player and Worst Dressed Player.
* The Supporters Club would like arrange for GFC to have its own mascot
are going to go-ahead and purchase a goat costume.
* The mascot will be sponosored by Rooneys and Angie Dinning.
* If anyone has a suggestion for a name for this mascot, the Supporters
would be interested to hear it.
Click Here For The January Minutes
Click Here For The December Minutes
Click Here For The November Minutes